Forum

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Bleeding Out

Under rules of play ( http://alteraawakens.com/rules-of-play/ ) it says while bleeding out you are unconscious and can't do anything at all, but under errata ( http://alteraawakens.com/errata/ ) it says you can communicate, heal yourself if your arms aren't injured, and so on. Which is correct?

My apologies if this has been cleared up before. I tried looking for it but couldn't find anything about it.

I believe the errata is incorrect.  It should include the words "with fortified body" per the referenced clarification from plot/staff:

Forum

Just further information on the subject: It looks like Fortified Body (the advantage that allows you to remain conscious while Bleeding Out) is granted by Tier 3 Brutality, Tier 4 Empathy, Intermediate Knight of the Endless Vigil (optionally), and presumably can be granted temporarily by magic or alchemy. (I may have missed some)

I do have a follow up question: if a character gains access to Fortified Body twice (for example, buys Tier 3 Brutality and Tier 4 Empathy) is there any alternative or additional benefit available to them, or is the overlap Just the way it is?

Thank you

Anything that would give you one of those overlaps would be a *huge* xp sink.  On those types of things where there is duplication the odds that something strange and unique happens is pretty high.

This does not apply to overlaps such as Keen Senses as that is specifically designed to just pick another sense to improve.  If you somehow picked up every single Keen Sense and THEN got another... yeah.  there would be some odd special one off improvement there also but I don't think it is mechanically possible to take Keen Senses five times.

Also Geoffrey is correct.    While bleeding out you cannot take any action, communicate, heal yourself, nada.  You are unconscious.  Unless you have Fortified Body from some source.  Then you can speak in a low conversational tone, use empathic healing abilities, stitch yourself (assuming you have an uninjured arm), and so on.

Scott~

I mean, you say "huge build sink" like Empathy 4 + Intermediate Vigil Knight isn't explicitly Sir Dog's build path. 😉

It is.  But it is still gonna be a long time to get there.  🙂  Not saying it's impossible.  Just not gonna be something that happens soon.    But yeah.   I will just go ahead and state this flat out.   We have plans for high level skill duplication and no one will be sad they went down a path to get them.

🙂

Scott~